Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lasting Fruit

God, what's it gonna take for me to produce lasting fruit, the kind where I can only produce it if I remain in you?

How do I know that the love I show is grounded in your love, the direction and advocacy of your Spirit? How can I know it won't run out or leave me hurting, because bearing fruit can't always just be a happy-go-lucky endeavor...can it?

I can know because bearing fruit is your will for me. And You won't abandon me as an orphan; You will come to me. (John 14:18)

And when I don't know how, your Spirit will remind me of everything You taught me. This Spirit is Your gift to me, it is peace of mind and heart (v. 27). So don't be troubled or afraid, even when the odds of bearing fruit or sticking with it to the end, or the scale of the task at hand seems utterly impossible, or like all signs point to no.

No comments:

Post a Comment