Wednesday, December 18, 2013

PPR: another reason I need to keep being a time manager

I was researching the "Content is King" reform movement as it has influenced changes in teacher education programs (that is a movement away from BAs in Education towards other disciplines), and ran into a website based on a book, "Chalkbored."  This is pretty interesting and I didn't want to forge the author's idea. He contends that students of this generation have trouble getting intellectually stimulated in school due to how teachers' PPR, or Preparation to Presentation Ratio (which basically means "production values") -- is far lower than movie producers', for example, so of course the scintillating quality of the information presented to them is going to pale in comparison. This gives me important food for thought as I contemplate the fact that I am teaching a NEW PREP next semester!


No comments:

Post a Comment