Monday, February 20, 2012

Accepted, Loved, and Redeemed

It's been far too long. I miss my blog. I was inspired by one of my best friends today in what she said:


"God redeems ALL of you, every nook and cranny, every molecule, every word, every thought, for His Kingdom." What a relief that it doesn't ride on me to redeem all the ways I waste time, my energy, my thoughts, my speech. If I were to evaluate the way I use the gifts God has given me, I am afraid it would be a devastating evaluation. Good thing the ink in His pen is the color of grace, instead of hateful, unforgiving red. I think part of maturing in His grace is the act of putting the red pen away, first off of others, and importantly, off of ourselves. My binary codes of good or bad make self-evaluation an excessively stinging experience. I pray for the ability to see with steadfast love and understanding the things in my life that aren't neat, and the things that disappoint me the most about myself. I pray that God trump my inner need for organization and alignment, that God revise me with his grace-inked pen.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this. And you! Thanks for sharing so beautifully, Jen.

    ReplyDelete