Monday, March 5, 2012

Library Books, and other unrelated topics

It's almost Spring Break... and that means, pleasure reading!! Here's what's on tap: The Hunger Games, The Crying Game, and East of Eden. One of these I will knock out via audiobook while driving. The other two, in the hours of ease and rest which will doubtless evaporate before my very eyes. I already have lofty goals for thesis work (data analysis) and classwork (Sociology of Sex&Gender presentation preparation; Theory papers) I will accomplish over the weekdays. I already have a gameplan (appropriate in light of all my game-y reading fodder) in place: go to Willie Morris library between 8-5, daily, while my best friend is working. And, another goal of spring break is car repairs! I just hope my car can make it to Jackson without any tire blowouts or belts snapping.

I can't wait! I only have to get through this statistics exam before break dawns! This past weekend was an unbeatable prelude to break. T and I did almost every imaginable thing we could have dreamt up: he reunited with two college friends; I got to introduce him to numerous people in/approx. in my cohort; we played racquetball; I drank bubble tea; we went to ASF for church (very, very good sermon); we saw his cousins three times. Wow, what a weekend! None really comes close in comparison since I started here at Emory except our Pensacola weekend with M. I miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment