Monday, January 7, 2013

The Toothless Comb

On a cold, Minnesota, post-Christmas night, Grandma, Mom, and I walked over to the local Walgreens for fun. Yes, fun. Walgreens has always been a favorite diversion of mine. Apparently for them, too -- I didn't even suggest it!

In my non-structured state of mind (I'm on a long academic break, remember), I entertained the thought, What trinket do I want/need/could use but otherwise forget in crammed everyday life? I know, a comb! With my new, long hair, I discontinued use of a brush. Now I only use combs. My great transparent one with rainbow colors that T bought me from WalMart on one otherwise average Saturday of errands is now severely handicapped with about 7 missing teeth in the middle of it.

So I found a cute Conair one in the hair accessories isle of this Walgreens, one that was white with hot pink and lime green holly-looking accents. $3.49. OK, I thought, I can hang with that.

Both Mom and Grandmas assumed I must have gotten it for a dollar. And they're not bargain kind of girls. I felt bad saying, "No, it was full price." Anyway, I was pleased with my purchase.

Just a week later, I snapped its first tooth. No more perfect comb! But nothing stays perfect for long. And it's OK, too -- the comb still does its job!

No comments:

Post a Comment