Monday, January 17, 2011

Funny Quotes II

"Where is utopia, Ms. Nelson?" - M., after being introduced to, and unabashedly intrigued by, the concept of a perfect world as illustrated and propounded in Lois Lowry's novel, The Giver.

"I need my tickets, mane." - male student. This statement warms my heart with glee because it shows the effective economy that my classroom now has. It's like it stands on its own now, without my having to excessively promote and support it. Sweet, straight-up, uncomplicated bliss is this.

"Ms. Nelson, have you read the whole Bible?" - J.B., in honors sophomore class, after reading and discussing As I Lay Dying one day and the hypocrisy of Cora, one of the Bundren's neighbors, who passes judgment on Addie.  "Yes, I have. Why do you ask?" I responded. "It seems like whenever it comes up,  you know a lot about the Bible." Most encouraging and inspiring and motivating thing a student has said to me all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment