Wednesday, June 15, 2011

All Flap, no throttle.

That's the motto for airlines back in the 1970's, according to one of my surrogate parents, a former stewardess. Beautifully said, no? I love fresh spins on shabby ole hackneyed phrases. I guess the modern-day translation of the motto would be, "All talk, no action."

Mind you, I should be researching right now, but I thought it important to say that "throttling" in life isn't such an impossible undertaking. Seemingly dull things can become exciting as quick as a mischievous student stashes away an illicit cell phone (painted-on innocent-eyes and all). I experienced it again today in my research.

The moral of this post is really as a reminder to myself that when things seem to be all flap, keep flapping, and the throttle will come. I am confident that is not what the author of the phrase originally intended, but I have hijacked the phrase and will apply it liberally to my own ends. Now that right there is a tone of throttle-turned-adjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment