Monday, September 12, 2011

I miss my students.

I am relishing, and I mean absolutely relishing, being on the lacrosse team here. I love being around undergrad girls. I am only 3-4 years older than most of them, but they give me a joy and energy and feeling of youth that makes me really happy. Practice today left me exhausted. I thought I was in shape; 15 minutes of scrimmaging caused me to think again!

I am looking to join a women's Bible study with people outside of Emory. That should be refreshing and encouraging. More on that when it comes.

BUT. I am missing my students, a LOT. How can I get them (obviously, the Atlanta versions of them) back into my life....and soon? My church is no longer multi-racial. I do not work in a (basically) all-black school anymore. I don't see and work alongside black colleagues and adults anymore. I feel like there's a hole in who I was while I was in the teacher corps. I need these teens back in my life! But how?

No comments:

Post a Comment