Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I miss you.

Here's how I know I love you:

1. You're the first one I want to tell good news to.
2. Your laughter is my favorite sound. It feels like an embrace. You invite people into your love with your laugh.
3. You are the one I want by my side through every season of life.
4. No day is dark when you are with me.
5. You are the desired recipient of all my creative energies.
6. I can be, and have to be, honest with you. I can't let anything get in the way. No clouds allowed!
7. Time passes so slowly in your absence. (Maybe this is merely evidence that I long for you.)

Here's how I know you love me:

1. You don't hold my weaknesses against me.
2. You are patient with me.
3. You want me around. You want to know what I think, why I think it.
4. You encourage me. Nurture me. Soothe me.
5. You share with me: stuff, food, loved ones, thoughts, feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment