Friday, May 11, 2012

Different Psalm on a Different Day

Two days ago, I thought, "None of these Psalms apply to me. I'm not the innocent. I can't say what David is saying." Then, just yesterday, a different Psalm and a different day, struck fresh upon my own experience. In stark contrast to the preceding day, I felt like my own voice and cries were there upon the page. I was included.

Today I'm thankful and happy that the Word includes me, will always be relevant to me, and will be the place where I am best understood. I don't have to fear what God thinks (and my, He has brought me a long way to say and believe that!), about me, about my situation, about others. I know God understands how I feel in it all, because the Word he gave me puts my own fears and hopes, victories and despair, joys and sorrows, in writing. And I love good writing.... His Word satisfies. It reminds, refreshes, and gives resolve to try again. What other God cares so much for His children's hearts and desires? His goodness is deep, and it is here to stay.

Each day, God keeps on proving Himself true and trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment