Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Only Guarantee

"Although my parents have been wonderful and my husband is an excellent provider, the reality is this: God is my only guarantee. The Knower of all my needs is the sole Meeter of all my needs." - Beth Moore

I'd like to amend Moore's statement by adding to parents, and aunts and brother, and changing husband to boyfriend. She is so, so right. It is a thing only God can do, to balance one in a position of gratitude and adequate vulnerability to open ourselves to love in our human relationships, and yet, never put those loved ones in the position of filling God's role. My parents, aunts, brother, friends and boyfriend cannot ever provide me with all I need to survive. They do not know nor can they meet all of my needs. Not saying that they don't want to, but they simply cannot. They have deep needs, too, which I can never meet. The more I expect my loved ones to resolve my problems for me, and set me free from my sin and hurt, the more I am removing God from His proper place.


No comments:

Post a Comment