Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 8

So here I am, at the end of my summer in New Orleans. I have five more workdays; I moved in for the last week with my other intern friend, C. I have two papers to complete, and still four interviews. Prayers for productivity, availability of the subjects, chutzpah for me where there needs to be chutzpah.

This past weekend was outstanding. C and I enjoyed dinner at Pepperoni's, where it was chess night on Friday. Then watching the Olympics opening ceremony with three kids at close range! Then breakfast at the greasy spoon on Magazine, Slim Goodies, with the people I have grown to love most this summer-- six of us cozied up in one small booth. Man, I love that man, T. I am proud of him when I bring him around my friends, and I admire everything about him.

With a full stomach, we three ventured out to a family reunion, which I enjoyed about an 11 on a 10-point scale. I couldn't stop smiling, seriously. A relative of T's said, "it's a good sign you're here." Which of course made me beam.

After some leisurely reading and an enjoyable night spent with C, my summer buddy, here I am at Monday, in the work routine. One more week. I better make it happen! I'm excited to be here, still, or perhaps especially, now. I can see the direction of my project aimed towards the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment