Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 4

I am undebatably (indubitably?) a little behind on my blogging. Here are two pictures that capture some fun moments I've enjoyed of late:

Two weekends ago, my fellow intern C. and I explored the downtown New Orleans area. We took the streetcar, visited the carousel bar at Hotel Montelone (where the Southern Sociological Society conference was just this past March!) -- a fancy bar with live jazz that literally rotates at about 0.1 mph -- and checked a number of must-do's off our list that night. Here I am on Canal Street.



Last Friday, three of my coworkers and I went to a hoppin, chic Vietnamese restaurant called Magasin. (See photo below to see why I say "chic" -- how do you like the simplistic use of a red jar to make an artistic focus within a set of clear jars?) I had eggplant and rice, which had a sunny side up egg on top of the jasmin rice which was delectable when I punctured the yoke and mixed it in. Such savory food, and I felt healthy afterwards even! It was too hot for the soup, but that's what E. and T. both love best from Siagon in Jackson.



No comments:

Post a Comment