Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Good things

Yesterday and today were full of good things, besides tears!

1.) While doing fieldwork at a local school, a teacher (I did not know) turned to me and simply said, "You're going to impact communities. You are going to touch children's lives. Don't let anything hinder you or stop you." She made me feel pretty special, and I didn't have to prove myself or anything...

2.) Bubble tea. Enough said. Motivator of the month... I have filled up 9 of 10 spaces on my get-on-free punchcard.

3.) The sympathetic and awesome professor I RA for.

4.) The sympathetic and awesome bosses I have at both PT jobs at Emory, B & D.

5.) Really, really awesome advisor I have, who has taught me the method that made my second year paper shine and bedazzle.

6.) Satisfaction derived from my job editing fellowship apps...It reminds me how writing is my thang!

7.) A community of supporting, loving friends who commented on my post of my picture of Dad and me on Facebook today, from all parts of life: elementary school friends, County softball team friends (who were familiar with my dad's face!), high school teachers, college friends who were there when the whole grieving process took place for me, recent friends who knew me post-passing. Amazing, God. You are amazing.

8.) An "A" on my Race & Ethnicity paper that I slaaaaved over! A vast improvement from that first paper, phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment