Saturday, October 29, 2011

Transplanting

It's Saturday morning. As I look back over the week, I am pleased with the amount of work and getting out of my apartment I did! In fact, the two go together, it seems. Don't get me wrong, home is the best place to pound out large amounts of academic work in pajamas, all while near the coffee maker. But, being outside of my room and dining room and the sofas in the front room help me stick to my task. On Tuesday, I treated myself to a bubble tea and read half a book in one three-hour sitting. I have barely ever been so into my reading as I was that day! Then I took a one hour run, then went to the library on campus for the first time ever from 9-1 a.m. After a good time of searching, I found myself a desk coral (sp?) and was able to work undistracted on a large assignment due that following morning. Wednesday morning, I finished the assignment off at a local Einstein Bagel coffee shop, about one mile from my house. That Wednesday I also had a 3-hour root canal operation completed, and in the afternoon met with a woman to start tutoring (to pay for the teeth. For more on my feelings about teeth, see a previous post...fortunately, I have grown very fond my my dentist here, which might be a little sad, because that's like my form of being social, LOL!). To top it off, I had lacrosse practice that day AND went to an Emory community event, where the legendary and vigorous duo Woodward and Bernstein spoke.

This previous weekend, T's cousin took us out to classic Atlanta hang outs, 2 lounges. We also went to a great burrito place in Decatur. We enjoyed the park with a lake and long hanging pedestrian bridge near my condo, too, Lullwater Park. Basically, I am getting to know my surroundings, and am getting attached. YES! Transplanting!

No comments:

Post a Comment