Monday, January 2, 2012

Summer Possibilities

I have never been one to be monetarily focused. But there's nothing like lack of funds to make you want to get a[nother] job. I have this amazing luxury of two weeks off of school until mid-January. (I know what you're thinking -- Hence, her low salary!) So I also have plenty of time to imagine how I will catch up and get out of debt this summer. (I don't like this place -- Debt is like being trapped in a box full of dust. I am not used to this, and don't plan on acclimating.) I've found one possibility. My goal is to put in 5 applications by the time I return to school on Jan. 18th. I think I also wouldn't mind a job like bieng a checker at a grocery store, or a barista, or something mindless but taxing, on a routine schedule. I want to feel that end-of-the-workday tired again, which is oh-so-different from the exhaustion feeling I get from reading and writing round the clock and the utter constant-ness (OK, I know what you're thinking, it's constance) of academic work.

Oh, the possibilities! I look forward to engaging a different side of me this summer than my brain, brain, brain all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment