Saturday, December 18, 2010

Appreciate

What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?


I have come to appreciate my surrogate mother, Linda. I don't think I have ever fully appreciated her enough as I do now. She is truly like a parent to me. Now she treats me like an adult, which continues to amaze and excite me. That is, our child-parent relationship has evolved to encompass more "mature" life concerns and topics. I can openly ask her my questions about life, and not be afraid of her judgment. I can also ask her more about her relationship with my dad, and she's happy to share.


She came to my grad school graduation in May in Jackson. She's the first family member (type) person to come visit me here. What's really the most special thing is how she met my Bible study group....my family here knows my family from my upbringing. How significant!


How do I express gratitude for her? Verbally to her, and also by telling other friends about her. Oh I love her. And she's in my life to stay, for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment