Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Community

Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

I have discovered community in a very intense way in my Bible study. These women have radically changed my life. I feel so incredibly renewed, recharged, inspired, encouraged, and enabled by their friendships. They have taught me that a Christian woman can be drop-dead gorgeous, can maintain a girlish playfulness and spontaneity in the face of the daily grind, can be very intelligent and productive in society in ways I never would have previously given much credit, can contribute much to society simply through ongoing commitment to service through the church, and can grow closer to the Lord through the years, rather than be crippled by life's complications and disappointments. I am very dissatisfied with my words here, because they simply don't capture the magnitude of the impact of this community. I would like to join my church community more deeply in 2011, especially to participate in its academic outlets more (i.e., engage in conversation/class with members who are professors at the local Presbyterian college).

No comments:

Post a Comment