Thursday, December 23, 2010

Writing

What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?


Just like the prompt about body integration, I love this prompt. This hits close to my heart because I want to write more and more as I get older. What I do each day that eats into time I could be writing is mostly technology-related distractions, such as Facebook. Time killer of the century. I also don't read for pleasure enough, and that's a major feeder of creative writing. I mean, writing without reading is like trying to run a race as a chronic anorexic. Not gonna happen, and if it does, it'll be pitifully done. A third writing-killer that occurs daily, I think, are my dull lessons that I haven't re-vamped. 


Can I eliminate what doesn't contribute to my writing? Yes. When I go to Facebook, redirect to these prompts. When I want to give a dull repeat lesson, instead look for a way to incorporate my own writing into the lesson, as Ms. W. suggested, my administrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment