Saturday, December 18, 2010

Try

What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?


What do I want to try next year... hmm. It's sobering and odd to be at the end of another year, looking back on it. I think I will start with what I wanted to try this year (2010). I wanted to try to get into grad school in Chicago or New York. What happened when I went for it is that it didn't work out. I wasn't crushed by that, though.In fact, I had psychologically prepared myself to be OK with it. I really felt that my time in Jackson was not up yet. I jumped head-first into Plan B (which I wrote about yesterday): pursue a master's in sociology locally, and keep teaching. The proportions of God's provision in this place are astounding. He has provided every good thing, and then some. I can support myself; I have a roommate I love; I have friends I trust and admire; I have a church I look to for spiritual growth and learning; I have a boyfriend who makes me so excited for the future; I have professors who keep me building on my passion; I have two jobs that fit my abilities and passions perfectly.


I see that I've taken a tangent. What I am getting at is, my approach to life is to try hard, and if the results aren't good, I continually see God's hand on the other side. So what I will try for 2011 is grad school again, in different cities. I've submitted one app, but not the other. I'd also like to try to get closer to my brother and to try to be more involved in the life of my church, as in, give more of my abilities and time to it. I never want to find myself at a crossroads in life and not try.

No comments:

Post a Comment