Friday, September 10, 2010

April 2009: From their Point-of-view...

Here they are: short reflections on what it’s like to be my student, straight from the horse’s mouth. These six student responses are published below, with minimal grammatical corrections.

I (D.M.)

There are a lot of characteristics of being a student in this class. As a student, we have a lot of responsibilities. We must do our bellringer as soon as we enter. We also have word of the day. Class could be better. I do have a lot of silly classmates.
      My teacher is Ms. Nelson. She tries different techniques of learning. We get or receive tickets for good behavior. I enjoy class! Ms. Nelson makes sure of that. We also use the received tickets for various things.

II (T.N.)

      My teacher is very talkative, she is kinda fun though. I enjoy the class 90% of the time. My classmates are crazy with a capital C but I also enjoy them. Some of them are stupid and ignorant and some are quiet and goofy. My classmates are usually doing their work and talking.
The classroom is big and the atmosphere is usually playful and hardworking. Because of that this happens to be one of my favorite classes. The teaching styles vary. But she is a good teacher. I learn extremely well in this class. It’s a lot of note-taking and reading.

III (M.M.)
      What is it like to be a student in this class? In this class our teacher is very hyper-active. She always has energy. She never gets tired because she eats coffee beans. My classmates usually complain about all the work she gives us., I complain also.

IV (A.D.)
      Being a student in this class is more stressful than it appears. Ms. Nelson is a great teacher all the time, but sometimes as a person she does not understand. The class is usually long unless Damien is around to make it enjoyable.
All of my classmates try to help me out when I don’t understand, but I can’t talk so it’s hard to keep up when you get in trouble for everything you do. I wish I had different classmates at times.
      The class looks boring, most of the time it is. If your absent for more than a day its very hard to catch up simply because Ms. Nelson doesn’t like going back over things. I don’t understand that.

V (D.R.)
      Compensatory writing is an interesting class. It is helpful also. At the beginning of the year, I envisioned that the work would be easy, and I would not get anything out of the class. However, that was not the case. As the year progressed, I realized that I had to earn my grade.
      Ms. Nelson is a fun teacher. She is a creative person. I have learned a lot in her class. She is an organized person. She’s very wity too.
      On a personal note, Ms. Nelson has helped me realize my potential. I knew that I was smart, but Ms. Nelson ushed me harder. For example, first term, I had an A average. I was proud of myself; so was she. In the second term, I began to get lazy, and I received a C. I knew I could do better. I began to fall asleep in her class, which disappointed her to the point where she contacted my mother. In the third term, I received a 99. I was impressed at myself.
      Overall, I have had a fantastic year in Ms. Nelson’s class. She is a wonderful teacher. To be honest, she’s my favorite teacher. My writing skills as well as my self-esteem have improved because of her.

VI (P.E.)
      In room 242, our teacher Ms. Nelson is always so energetic and fun. She always wear very classy clothes. Her hair is either pulled back or down on her shoulders. She is a multi-tasking teacher.
      In class we normally have 22 students, but today we have 19. D.S. is the class clown. C.S. is the student of the month, I always get to pass out and pick up stuff. D. and I are very close friends.
      In our neat classroom we have student work on the wall. The atmosphere is always cool. Her teaching is exciting and creative.


VII (I.M.)
      Mrs. Nelson’s 2nd period class is a joy to be in. The students strive to do their best and work at a steady past. The class participates in the class activitys and are attentive at what’s going on. Its also good that the classroom is very spacious and organized. I enjoy the activitys that we are required to do. In Mrs. Nelsons class we do things that expand our aptitude of thinking in unthinkable ways.
      Mrs. Nelson is a great teacher. She motivates me to never give up and to do my best. She teaches in a way that its understandable. She also makes sure everyone in the class gets the concept of the work that has been passed out. She helps every student individually if needed. She is very dedicated to her job, and making sure her students is doing all they can to pass. Thanks Mrs. Nelson for just being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment