Friday, September 10, 2010

October 2008: Thank You Mrs. W


First let me blow off some steam from fuming at myself for turning this blog in late. I am so frustrated that I was late. I hate being late. Hate it.

A person outside of Teacher Corps (at my school) who has been extremely helpful is Mrs. W. She is in the classroom next door to mine, and seeing her in the morning gives me such a great measure of relief, calm and confidence, that I almost no longer have The A.M. Jitters. One morning in mid-September, I remember just absolutely not wanting to face the day. She could see that I was shaken up and she was quick to comfort me.

"Do you want to team-teach today?" she asked. "Don't worry, it will be just fine." I did not take her up on the offer, but just knowing that she was just a door away and shared the adjacent wall carried me through first period, and the entire day. I feel such security with her around. I get to see her briefly before school, during planning periods, and on hall duty in between classes; these are highlights of my days!

I really look up to her as well; she is so articulate and I consider her an expert at grammar. She balances motherhood, marriage and she does a bang-up (very good) job at work. She encourages me and calls me her "little protege." Her compliments have enabled me to thrive and soar at FHS (re: organization and test-making skills...thank you TEAM teachers for resources and mentor/second years for psychological preparation in making this the case!). I want to be like Mrs. W when I am her age (young 30's).

No comments:

Post a Comment